K9s For Warriors is the nation’s largest provider of service dogs to veterans suffering from the invisible wounds of war, such as Post-Traumatic Stress. Our unique, in-house program helps change the lives of American heroes by pairing them with a battle buddy, who was likely a rescue dog, and then teaching him or her to utilize that dog to mitigate the symptoms of their wounds. In order to continue the great work, we are doing, we are in need of an experienced Creative Content Writer to join our amazing team.
Role and Responsibilities
The Creative Content Writer creates compelling copy to promote K9s For Warriors by presenting information in an appealing, informative, concise and easy-to-understand manner by performing the following duties.
- Produce copy and content to educate readers on a K9s For Warriors’ website page, blogs and print, including feature articles in magazines, newspaper, books and short stories, and other print media
- Work with the K9s For Warriors team to produce creative content for all facets of marketing and educational materials, including presentation development, video script writing, daily/weekly web site updates, email campaigns and content updates, and original copy for K9s For Warriors
- Develop original promotional copy as needed for marketing items including but not limited to: books, advertising, direct response copy, blogs, and other promotional copy.
- Support Public Relations and Social Media initiatives with press promotional material and creative mailings
- Create and manage content creation for online blogs
- Create/write in an opinion editorial style about issues pertaining to military veterans and the Veterans Administration
- Reviews copy using checklist and format copy according to department style guide and checks questionable details
- Proofreads and edits as necessary. Considers copyright laws such as registered and trademarked symbols, country of origin, and material construction
- Summarizes articles in scientific journals about studies and research pertaining to military veterans and service dogs
- Studies and researches publications (online and print) about issues facing military veterans and the Veterans Administration
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree in Journalism or Creative Writing is preferred
- Knowledge of the V.A. and website design a plus
To apply for this position, we are requiring applicants to submit writing samples.
K9s For Warriors is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of K9s For Warriors that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
- Content Writer: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)