Helping our veterans and rescuing dogs is our priority at K9s For Warriors, it has led to our success. As a result, we continue to grow, and we are searching for a Kennel Assistant. K9s For Warriors is one of the largest veteran’s service dog organizations in the United States.
The Kennel Assistant supports the proper operation of the canine kennels, which includes the cleaning and maintenance of the kennel facilities, feeding and caring for the kenneled dogs and ensuring the overall safety of the kennel facilities and the dogs.
** Shifts may vary based on needs of the kennel, to include weekends, evenings and rotating days off.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Cleaning the individual dog kennels and surrounding kennel facilities, to include pressure washing, scrubbing and disinfecting
- Cleaning the dog bowls and toys
- Bathing dogs
- Laundering towels
- Providing food and fresh water for the dogs
- Walking the dogs between kennels and other areas of the organization’s facilities, while strictly adhering to all policies and procedures for handling the dogs
- Lifting and stocking dog food and kennel supplies
- Assisting the veterinary technician with securing the dogs during veterinary treatment
- Removing and disposing of waste from dog waste stations and cleaning the stations
- Monitoring medical and behavioral condition of dogs, notating the kennel cards/logs and notifying appropriate staff of concerns
- Monitoring kennel facility for any hazards or safety concerns
- Performing any other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- Maintaining good communication with kennel staff and management
- Maintaining good working relationships with all kennel and organization employees
- Minimum eighteen (18) years of age
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds individually
- Ability to work rotating shifts and weekends
Ability to exert a moderate to extensive amount of physical effort, including stooping, crouching, walking stairs, climbing and lifting fifty (50) pounds individually.
To succeed in this position, you should possess a strong work ethic, integrity and the ability to work in a goal-oriented team environment.
K9’s For Warriors provides competitive compensation, a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental benefits for yourself and your dependents. K9’s For Warriors pays in full; Life, STD, LTD for all employees, and a company match to our 401K plan. We offer PTO and Sick days as part of our total compensation package. We are an EEO employer. M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full-time and part-time positions available. Please specify which you are interested in. Part-time employees are not entitled to company benefits, PTO or Sick days.
To apply, click here: