Under the direct supervision of the Warrior Relations Manager, The Warrior Relations Specialist’s primary function is to be the principal liaison for the warrior applicant/graduate. This employee will be responsible for coordinating, following-up and communicating with the warriors.
- Managing all phases of the Warrior application process, including:
- Collecting and screening of all required paperwork
- Conducting phone interviews with warriors
- Collecting references on warriors
- Reviewing and approving application package, forwarding for 2nd level approval, and final approval from COO
- Determining class dates and scheduling warrior accordingly, providing acceptance paperwork
- Completing all in-class administrative functions on behalf of warriors
- Interacting with warriors through various modes of communication to include phone, e-mail, and in-person meetings
- Serving as a point of contact for future, current and graduated warriors
- Maintaining pre-class contact with warriors at prescribed intervals via phone, email, and regular mail
- Maintaining post-class contact with warriors as per department policies
- Scheduling re-certification for warriors as required
- Managing warrior data in paper form and a proprietary database
- Acting as the liaison between warriors and the other departments at K9s for Warriors.
- Responding to the inbound communication from warriors and family members regarding program
- Coordinating with dog trainers and warrior trainers ensuring they have the information necessary to make an appropriate service dog match
- Planning travel for those warriors who need assistance
- Creating (and executing) operations plan for the arrival of warriors, including:
- Airport pick up time frames
- Warrior housing plans
- Warrior meal plan
- Personal property search plan
- In processing plan
- Problem Solving
- Trustworthiness & Ethics
- Positive Communication Skills
- Decision Making
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. This role also requires walking, standing for periods of time to communicate in person with the warriors.