The Campus Director – San Antonio will be the face of K9s For Warriors in Texas and oversee the Petco Foundation K9 Center. This Director will provide leadership and direction to the staff at the Petco Foundation K9 Center and be responsible for development, fundraising, marketing and public relations within the community and surrounding areas in collaboration with and support by relevant departments at headquarters.
- Establish, maintain and leverage relationships with representatives of various organizations and local governments throughout the state of Texas to strategically enhance K9s For Warriors’ mission
- Manage the development, construction and facility operations of the Petco Foundation K9 Center
- As the public face and representative of K9s For Warriors, attend events and speak with reporters, donors, government representatives and community members about K9s For Warriors’ mission, initiatives and fundraising.
- Plan and coordinate all development/fundraising and community engagement activities while appropriately allocating time and resources based on analyzing return on investment
- Travel throughout the State of Texas on K9s For Warriors’ business in collaboration with and approval of your supervisor
- Manage and provide strategic guidance to staff assigned to the Petco Foundation K9 Center
- In collaboration with the Advancement/Development team at headquarters, prepare and execute a fundraising plan to support the financial operations of the Petco Foundation K9 Center
- In collaboration with the Education/Marketing team at headquarters, prepare collateral materials, press reports, communications and social media to promote awareness of and fundraising for K9s For Warriors and the Petco Foundation K9s Center
- Provide strategic guidance and oversee Kennel Manager and staff
- Participate in special projects and take on additional tasks as assigned
- In close collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer and Company leadership, act as the Company local liaison with building project managers, architects, designers, contractors and vendors to construct the Petco Foundation K9 Center
Education Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, nonprofit management, communications, or related field
- Knowledge of issues facing Veterans and a passion for serving this community
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Budget management experience, including creating, analyzing, and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Government relations and policy experience
- Experience with nonprofit program development and management
- Skilled advocate with the ability to clearly convey K9s For Warriors’ mission and vision.
- Skilled at public speaking and relationship building
- Skilled at strategic planning, goal setting and executing on the plan
- Trustworthy and Ethical
- Skilled at building public and private partnerships
- Promotes teamwork, collaboration and cohesiveness
- Proven to exercise good judgment and sound decision making
- This position will directly manage the Kennel Manager and future hires
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Local State Travel will be required