K9s For Warriors is the nation’s largest provider of service dogs to veterans suffering from the invisible wounds of war, such as Post-Traumatic Stress. Our unique, in-house program helps change the lives of American heroes by pairing them with a battle buddy, who was likely a rescue dog, and then teaching him or her to utilize that dog to mitigate the symptoms of their wounds. In order to continue the great work, we are doing, we are in need of an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our amazing team in Ponte Vedra, FL.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Knowledge and understanding of the local, state and federal employment and labor laws.
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive matters with diplomacy, empathy, and confidentiality, and build trust.
- Demonstrated customer-relationship skills and strong follow-through on deliverables.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
- Proficient in MS Office
- Demonstrated understanding of relationship management and partnering. Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively interact with diverse individuals.
- Good organizational and time management skills. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Effective group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, prioritize workload, and deliver results.
- Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Strong professional presence and demeanor
- Ability to interact with diverse team members and build effective working relationships with management and team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and/or conflicts in a professional manner.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Keep current of and proficient in administering all employment and labor law requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Advertise job openings, review applications and resumes for qualifications, participate in interviews, and assist in evaluating and selecting qualified candidates to fill vacant positions. Coordinate the processing of background checks and follow up to ensure timely response. Conduct initial review of background screening results to identify potential issues or areas for clarification.
- Conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward agency’s mission and core values, which includes reviewing the YCC Employee Handbook and relevant policies. Provide agency overview of services provided and clients served. Ensure new employee onboarding processes are completed properly and in a timely manner, e.g., I-9s, benefits enrollment, new teammate welcome package, and manager new hire checklist.
- Administer Employee Benefits programs. Establish and maintain records of benefits plans participation, personnel transactions, and employee statistical data for government reporting. Manage the agency’s Wellness Program and Employee Recognition Program.
- Ensure payroll is transmitted accurately and timely. Ensure that all deductions are accurately reflected for employees and the agency.
- Advise management in appropriate employee relations issues and the resolutions of issues. Respond to EEOC charges and other governmental agency inquiries.
- Performs day-today core HR related tasks including but not limited to: answering employee questions, reinforcing agency values through HR related programs and practices. Support managers with employee performance issues and the preparation of appropriate documentation, e.g., disciplinary actions, performance issues, and separation documentation.
- Manage YCC’s training program to ensure that employees are properly prepared to perform their job functions and to ensure that requirements of funders or licensing agencies are met.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Prepare reports, employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reason behind separations. Manages reduction-in-force/job elimination process by preparing notices, providing career transition assistance, and explaining benefit termination date and vacation payout. Assist with compensation analyses, e.g., new hire offers, promotions, pay equity reviews.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field from an accredited school recognized by the Department of Education; five or more years Human Resources and Management-related experience. PHR or SPHR preferred; nonprofit management experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Must have 2-5 years ADP Workforce Now experience
K9s For Warriors provides competitive compensation, and a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, a flexible spending account, PTO, 401k, and supplemental benefits for self and dependents.
K9s For Warriors is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of K9s For Warriors that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.