K9s For Warriors provides competitive compensation, and a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, a flexible spending account, PTO, 401k, and supplemental benefits for self and dependents.
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact on all matters pertaining to the CEO and General Counsel of the corporation and performs a broad variety of daily administrative duties. The Executive Assistant must enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Assists the CEO and General Counsel with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing active appointment calendars; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings
- Communicates with the general staff on behalf of the CEO and General Counsel and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the senior management team
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the CEO with Board members, donors, and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed.
- Drafts and prepares written correspondence and reports on behalf of the CEO and General Counsel.
- Functions as a liaison to outside legal counsel, insurance brokers and claims representatives as required
- Supports the CEO and General Counsel with their external commitments, including service on external boards, committees, legal organizations, and other groups
- Performs office management functions as assigned
- Coordinates office functions, staff meetings and awards ceremonies
- Assists with preparing the agenda and outline for warrior graduations
- Assists the General Counsel with internal investigations
- Conducts facility tours, and presentations on and off campus to further educate the public and work toward building relationships and securing funding
- Performs all other duties and tasks as assigned
- Oversees the training and management of the Receptionist
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives. Strong verbal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, donors, elected officials and members of the legal community
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong respect for and adherence to maintaining confidentiality of sensitive work product and the attorney/client privilege
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms