Fostering a dog-in-training is a rewarding experience for both you and the dog. It is a great way to help us learn more about the dog so he or she can end up in the best home possible, and gives the dog time out of the kennel. Foster volunteers house a dog either for medical reasons, to help with the socialization process, or to see how the dog will do in a specific type of home environment. These foster opportunities can last anywhere from one month to up to 3-4 months, depending on the reason. During this time, K9s For Warriors will provide everything for you and the dog: food, leash, crate, training classes, and cover any/all medical expenses.
Foster volunteers must be at least 18 years old and are required to adhere to the following requirements:
- MUST live within 50 miles of Camp K9 (Ponte Vedra, Florida)
- MUST have regular access to a car
- MUST attend regular obedience classes with our K9 Trainers
- Provide a safe environment for a dog undergoing medical treatment
- Provide the appropriate socialization opportunities such as public outings
- Agree to return the dog upon request