K9s For Warriors Dedicates New Warrior Resource Center
The center is the latest addition to the nonprofit’s headquarters
(Ponte Vedra, Fla.) – K9s For Warriors today dedicated the new Chartrand Family Warrior Resource Center at its Ponte Vedra campus. This one center will comprise five different endeavors:
- K9s For Warriors Resource Center will be a 4-unit residential training center where graduates of K9FW can come for recertification, additional training, or pairing with a second Service Dog upon the retirement of their initial dog.
- Association of Service Dog Providers for Military Veterans (ASDPMV) is a collaboration of 14 organizations like K9FW, providing lifesaving Service Dogs to our veterans suffering from PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury and Military Sexual Trauma.
- Service Dog Pass works with access providers including major airlines, rideshare companies, hotel chains and others to ensure that our veterans have free and unfettered access to the world with their Service Dogs.
- K9s For Warriors Research Institute partners with researchers and universities to conduct lifesaving research and fight veteran suicide. The Research Institute is advocating for legislation through the Department of Veterans Affairs to fund lifesaving Service Dogs, fight fake “service dogs,” and pioneer programs to study Military Sexual Trauma.
- The Fire Watch is Northeast Florida’s fight to end veteran suicide. It coordinates local resources with veteran service organization partners to assist veterans in immediate crisis.
“It’s a special accomplishment to have this center completed during one of the times when our veterans have been struggling the most,” said Rory Diamond, CEO of K9s For Warriors. “We’ve always said our doors and our hearts remain open to veterans during COVID-19 – and at all times – and this center epitomizes that.”
For more information or to schedule an interview with a K9s For Warriors representative, please contact Brianna Bentov, Public Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About K9s For Warriors
K9s For Warriors’ mission is to end veteran suicide. Based in Florida, we are the nation’s largest provider of Service Dogs to military veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress, Traumatic Brain Injury and/or Military Sexual Trauma. Our program is unique, comprehensive, and proven, thanks to groundbreaking research conducted in partnership with Purdue University’s OHAIRE Lab. The majority of our Service Dogs come from high-kill shelters, which means that with each warrior-K9 pairing, two lives are saved. Support our mission to end veteran suicide, which is even more critical during our country’s current isolated times.