K9s For Warriors (“K9s”) wants you to know that we are committed to the responsible management, use, and protection of your privacy. The following is intended to inform you how we use and protect the important information you provide to us. This information summarizes our policy, procedures and practices.
- We collect information to further our mission to provide service canines to our Warriors suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disability, Traumatic Brain Injury, and/or Military Sexual Trauma as a result of military service post-9/11. We use your information to help us provide you with high quality service, carry out our mission effectively, and keep you updated on the latest news, opportunities, and achievements.
- Unless you tell us otherwise, when you provide your information we assume you are agreeing to allow us to use and disclose, it as allowed by law and K9s policies, in furtherance of our mission. We comply with all U.S. laws.
- We use—and require our data management vendors to use—reasonable and appropriate security practices to safeguard your information.
- If you have questions about our privacy practices, please use our Contact Us page to let us know.
This privacy statement is an explanation of what we do with your information.
Information We Collect
“Personal Information” means information that we can use to identify or contact you. We collect personal information when you:
- register on our site to receive newsletters, alerts, and updates;
- respond personally to our mailings and phone calls; or
- make a donation; or
- opt-in to receive communications when purchasing items from our online store.
Our registration forms require users to provide contact information that may include your name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number. Our staff may ask for similar information in a mailing or phone call. If you are donating, or placing an online order, we additionally request your credit card number to process your order.
Information from Other Sources
We may also collect information about you from additional online and offline sources. These include: social media activities, other nonprofits and commercially available third-party sources. We may combine this information with the personal and other information we already know about you.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use your information several ways, such as:
- Processing donations and purchase transactions;
- Verifying your identity;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view;
- Providing you tailored content and messages; and
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (meaning it does not identify any individuals) for various purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations, to help deliver products, services, and content that are better tailored to the users of our services and for other purposes.
You may request that we do not use your personal information at any time through our Contact Us page, or by calling 904-686-1956.
What We Disclose to Others
We may share the information we collect from and about you within our organization and with certain third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Credit card processing companies, to process your donation;
- Other organizations we work with to provide services, research, products or programs;
- Other similar charities; and
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our network is composed of access-controlled measures, security monitoring tools, vulnerability management program, SSL encryption, scheduled network scans, and internal and external penetration tests. When it is necessary for our service providers to have access to your information, we expect the same level of data security, integrity and confidentiality standards as K9s itself provides. Additionally, we conduct security awareness training for our staff and volunteers.
While K9s uses its best efforts to maintain this level of security across all of our systems we cannot guarantee or warrant that our systems or our service providers are not vulnerable to viruses, hacking or other security threats.
Questions and Suggestions
K9s For Warriors
114 Camp K9 Road
Ponte Vedra, FL 32081
The materials on the Sites are provided “as is” for general information only and without warranties of any kind. These materials are not meant to be used for self-diagnosis or to replace the services of a medical professional. The Sites do not offer medical advice or recommendations to individuals and you should not rely on the information posted on the Sites as a substitute for consultations with qualified health care professionals who are familiar with individual medial conditions and needs. K9s For Warriors encourages you to seek the guidance of a healthcare provider if you feel that you, a family member or someone you know suffers from the conditions described on the Sites.
K9s For Warriors provides testimonials and information, and in certain situations, create community event pages for fundraising in purposes to further our mission. K9s For Warriors may post articles and other information provided by third parties that might be of interest of benefit to the public. You acknowledge that the opinions and recommendations of third parties contained on the Sites are not necessarily those of K9s For Warriors or endorsed by us.
Restrictions on Use
Materials from www.k9sforwarriors.org and any of the Sites operated, licensed, or controlled by K9s For Warriors may not be copied or distributed, or republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way, without the prior written consent of K9s For Warriors, EXCEPT: you may download copies of the materials for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices. Modification or use of the materials for any other purpose violates the intellectual property rights of K9s For Warriors. The material on the Sites is provided for lawful purposes only. If you download files, including, but not limited to images, printed materials, logos, icons, content, text, graphics, audio/visual clips and/or design neither title nor intellectual property rights are transferred to you, but remain with K9s For Warriors, who owns full and complete title. You may not resell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert content from the Sites. Any unauthotized use of the materials contained on the Sites may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
K9s For Warriors may choose to acknowledge certain persons, organizations or companies who have provided donations or sponsorships to further our mission. This acknowledgement may be in the form of recognition of the Sites by use of names or marks and/or links to their website(s). K9s For Warriors does not solicit or permit the purchase or use of advertisements or commercial endorsements on the Sites by any person or company (including, without limitation, its sponsors and donors). If you choose to click on the links to any of our sponsors’ websites or otherwise engage in any correspondence or business dealings with or other purchase of products or services from any of our sponsors, you do so on your own initiative and you agree that K9s For Warriors is not responsible or liable for any loss or damages of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or as a result of the acknowledgement of or links to such sponsors in conjunction with the Sites.
Links to Other Sites
K9s For Warriors may provide links to other websites or resources. The information provided to you in these links are provided solely for your independent enjoyment. The results are not guaranteed to be accurate and are in no way endorsed, offered or guaranteed by K9s For Warriors. You should be aware that links to the Sites may be provided from other sites, either known or unknown to K9s For Warriors, and some links to the Sites may be unauthorized, and accessing any other site linked to or from the Sites is done at your own risk. K9s For Warriors has not reviewed and is not responsible for the content of any third-party sites linked to or from the Sites.