If you love dogs, then you know that puppies are just adorable bundles of love that brighten up anyone’s day. As a puppy raiser, you can welcome a K9 puppy into your own home. You can raise a puppy from 8 weeks to 16 months old, and the best part is, we provide everything! You don’t have to worry about buying food, a leash, a crate, training classes or medical expenses because K9s For Warriors takes care of all of that. The only responsibility you will have is to provide love and nurturing for a future veteran hero.
Being a puppy raiser/foster/camper gives you the opportunity to get involved with our mission. If you are interested in this unique opportunity, you must follow these requirements:
- Must be at least 18-years-old
- Must live within 50 miles of Camp K9 (Ponte Vedra, Florida)
- Must have regular access to a car
- Must attend 4 human-only classes with our K9 Trainers to ensure that all puppies are trained in a consistent manner
- Must attend monthly puppy training classes with our K9 Trainers
- Provide a safe environment for a puppy under 16 months of age
- Teach the puppy manners and basic skills
- Provide the puppy with age-appropriate socialization opportunities such as public outings
- Supervise the puppy throughout the day
- Agree to return the puppy upon request
Every service dog starts out as a puppy that needs lots of love and care.
With guidance and proper training each puppy will grow into an elite service dog for a veteran in need.
Volunteer puppy raising is an incredible way to help give our military veterans a new leash on life.